Friday, March 20, 2009

3-19-09 Planets Coming and Going Street Astro

Jesus and Lourdes are a friendly couple out for a early evening stroll when they encounter the astronomy guy - "how about a look through the telescope?" The responses vary in every instance from yes/no to no response at all (which I guess is no) to "I don't have time" to "I don't have my wallet with me - what does it cost". "The cost is your curiosity and time for a 5 minute space science lesson"is my typical response.

Lourdes came running over when invited leaving Jesus behind! She has always wanted to look through a telescope and now had her opportunity to do so - she certainly made the most of it! She and Jesus had the first views of the ringed wonder Saturn at the Marina this year along with the horizon hugging vanishing Venus - she was literally speechless!

No comments: