Saturday, March 28, 2009

3-27-09 A Razor Thin Moon and A Hula Hooping Saturn

It continues to amaze me how something so wonderful and elegant as the universe can bring out the best in my visitors. I have spoken to and engaged hundreds of people over the last months since I started this outreach effort - and most of them were exposed to a presentation/modeling and viewing of Venus as was posted numerously earlier on this blog. Well Melissa here was the FIRST visitor to notice on the Venus phase picture in my resource binder that there is no full Venus to be seen! She made to same observation that Galileo made 400 years ago! Needless to say this educator here was elated and Melissa was excited about her discovery! I wonder what other significant astronomical observations and personal discoveries she will make in the future?

No comments: