Monday, September 21, 2009

9-20-09 Tanna Family Street Astro


Last April I met the Tanna family at one of my Reno events. They were enjoying the views of Saturn, Venus, winter star clusters, and were some of the most generous, respectable and appreciative folks I have met in this year of street astronomy. Well last night as I was setting up in my usual location at the Sparks Marina I hear a hearty greeting and turn around and there they were - this fine family taking some family time out around the lake. Before too long we were into views of Jupiter, Cassiopeia star clusters, double stars in Cygnus, Cepheus, Capricorn. With all this came Atlas education about Jupiter and star life cycles. Neha, Devyani, and Mr. Tanna are some very interested folks and are always a joy to be with!

2 comments:

Neha Tanna said...

Richard, Thank you so much for walking us through the sky :), It is always very interesting to know more about starts and planets. Your efforts are truly appreciative.

Drive-by Astronomy said...

Its folks like this that make it so rewarding to do outreach. Nice job SUG.. Your fans continue to return to get SUGified!